Three Easters

April 2, 2013

Happy Belated Easter!  I was going to post my recap last night and then we plopped on the couch for the season finale of Walking Dead and I was done after that.

2013-04-01_1809

Any Walking Dead fans out there?  Love that show!

Anywho,

Easter (which I kept calling Thanksgiving for some reason) was so nice!  Swanky boyfriend and I technically enjoyed 3 Easter festivities: my friend’s, his parents, and  my parents.  I tried to space my meals throughout the day so I didn’t get too stuffed.

We started with Easter brunch at my friend Whitney’s.  She is the party planning extraordinaire and her food never disappoints.

As part of their Easter celebration, they also revealed the gender of their baby…it’s a girl!

She made the most amazing spread.  My favorite was this French toast casserole (top corner).  She mentioned that it was a combination of a Paula Dean recipe and one of her mother’s.  Delicious!

And her mom made my favorite…chocolate covered strawberries!  YUM!

The last stop was my parent’s house.

I was giddy with excitement over my Easter basket.  I am 29 years old and my mom still gets me an Easter basket.  I love it!IMG_9511

Although it was just the immediate family, my mom ALWAYS makes a ton of food.  But, we did manage to get quite a few leftovers.

The highlight of the meal was fried asparagus in cheese sauce.  Now, this is no healthy dish…but was it just delicious.  If fried asparagus weren’t amazing enough on their own, the creamy cheesy sauce just takes it over. the. top.

And for dessert, my mom made her infamous ice box cake layered with a sweet cream, banana slices, and lady fingers.   I couldn't resist a slice.

Of course we had a few photo ops. :)

We really enjoyed all our Easters yesterday!

Other Swanky Scoop:

Be sure to enter my SlimKicker giveaway if you haven't yet!  I am loving the entries so far!

How was your Easter?  Do you still get an Easter basket?

Technorati Tags: ,
zp8497586rq
zp8497586rq

{ 13 comments }

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 2, 2013 at 1:53 am

I love that you still get a basket. Sounds like a great day. This year we only had 1 lunch with all the family coming over to my sister’s house. Then we made a stop by hubby’s parent’s house just to say hi. They didn’t do any big to-do this year. Love that 2nd picture of you and the “man.” You look so happy! And speaking of, I’d be really happy to have one of those strawberries!

Swanky Dietitian April 2, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I don’t know when my mom will finally stop with the baskets..perhaps when I have kids. But I still look forward to it every year! :)

EA-The Spicy RD April 2, 2013 at 5:00 am

Love your Easter basket, and that fried asparagus sounds like a fabulous indulgence! We spent Easter with my extended family at a big brunch in Orange County, then Mr. Spicy drove home via the coast (his parents drove our kids home), and we stopped in Laguna Beach for a seaside cocktail. It was a lovely day :-)

Amanda @FancyOatmeal April 2, 2013 at 8:48 am

Easter at our house started out with church with my parents, who are in town from Michigan, and then a WONDERFUL walk on the beach! Can’t beat that! Afterwards, Mom and I baked salmon witha dejon sauce. The rest of the afternoon was enjoyed by reading, watching some light TV, and enjoying everyone’s company.

Swanky Dietitian April 2, 2013 at 3:29 pm

A walk on the beach sounds like the perfect way to spend Easter. How nice!

Nikki April 2, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Yummmm those strawberries look phenomenal!

Roz@weightingfor50 April 2, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Happy Belated Easter to you and Swanky Boyfriend Kristen. I don’t think you are EVER too old for an easter basket. Dennis and I do egg hunts…we don’t have kids and we’re older than you. :) The way I see it, life is too short not to have fun no matter what the occasion.
Have a wonderful week.

Andrea@WellnessNotes April 2, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Glad you had a nice Easter! And I love that you still get an Easter basket. But it also makes me feel like a bad mom. I haven’t given the older kid one in years…

Swanky Dietitian April 3, 2013 at 3:43 am

I think it’s different with boys. :)

Biz April 2, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Looks like you had a busy Easter weekend! Love the pictures of you and swanky boyfriend at the end. :D

This was the first year I didn’t make an Easter basket for my daughter – she spent the day with her boyfriends family. :( But I facetalk with her a lot, so I have that – she’s actually done with her junior year of college at the end of this month!

Swanky Dietitian April 3, 2013 at 3:42 am

Wow! How fast time flies!

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts April 3, 2013 at 9:43 am

Three Easters sounds brilliant! And I also love that you still get a basket from your Mom :)

Vanessa April 3, 2013 at 9:37 pm

My Easter was quiet time spent with the family, which was great! I think I need to start watching walking dead, 3 of my family members mentioned it over the weekend, need to get on board!

Comments on this entry are closed.