Hi! Yesterday I thought it was Thursday. Isn’t that the worst feeling. But the boy and I broke up the mid week slump by renting 21 Jump Street at the redbox.
Coconut Potato Curry and One Lovely Blog
I enjoyed it! Definitely some funny parts. And Channing Tatum isn’t all that bad to look at, don’t you think?
Also helping me get through the week is enjoying leftovers of this delicious dish.
I (with the help of swanky boyfriend) whipped up this coconut potato curry dish which has made fabulous leftovers for lunch.
The stars of this recipe are golden potatoes,
fresh basil, and sweet tomatoes.
Coconut Potato Curry (serves 6)
- 1 pound golden potatoes, diced
- 2 red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped (and more for garnish)
Start by adding oil, onion, and garlic in sauté pan.
Add in seasonings: red pepper flakes, curry, cumin, and garam masala.
Add potatoes to pan and mix well to combine.
Sauté until potatoes and softened and onions are caramelized, about 10-12 minutes.
Add tomato paste along with about 1 cup of water to pan and stir.
Add in tomatoes and rinsed chickpeas.
Add frozen peas and combine all ingredients.
Lastly, add in the lite coconut milk.
Once coconut milk is added, let simmer until sauce is reduced, about 5-8 minutes.
Ads basil and you are ready to dish up!
This was fabulous!! All the spices added quite a bit of heat, but the flavors were so bold I enjoyed every bite!
If you are looking to add in some additional protein, tofu or chicken would pair wonderfully with this sauce.
I heart coconut milk.
Other Swanky Scoop:
I have to give a big shout out and virtual hug to Stephanie over at On the Road to RD for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! Thanks for the nomination!!
How it works:
- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Paste the award image on your blog.
- Tell 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate other blogs that you would like to give the award to.
- Contact the bloggers that you have chosen and let them know about the award.
I know I have accepted similar awards and shared all sorts of silly facts about myself before. But I always have a few tidbits up my sleeve.
- Swanky boyfriend and I met at a friend’s wedding (the 3rd one to be exact). He is actually the bride (my friend’s) cousin!
- I love organizing, but I have never been a fan of cleaning. For those of you that know me, I know are not surprised by this fact.
- Bridezillas has been a recent guilty pleasure of mine. It just cracks me up to see these brides just lose it. Fingers crossed this isn’t me!!
- Not to toot my own horn, but I am really good at hula hoop. I have never been one of those “athletic” types..not very coordinated perhaps. But I will tell you, I can hula hoop for quite a while!
- I am a sucker for infomercials. I think I get this from my dad who is the same way. The last purchase I made was on the hair product, Wen. I wasn’t that impressed, btw.
- This is not something I am proud of..but if I wear my hair down, you will often find me searching for split ends to trim. Horrible I know!! I. Just. Can’t. Be. Stopped. (hence why I am so gullible with infomercials).
- I occasionally will talk in an accent. I honestly don’t know how this one started, but even in grade school my friends and I would talk in silly voices. The funny thing is that half the time I don’t realize that I do it.
Bloggers I nominate:
Now that I know for sure that today is Thursday, I can look forward to the weekend ahead!
Do you enjoy curry dishes? What is a silly fact about you?