Color Run 2012

February 26, 2012

Happy weekend!  For the most part, I spent my weekend studying. Sad smile  But, on Saturday I did enjoy a fabulous race with my coworkers..the color run!!2012-02-25_1950

As I mentioned, our team name was “That’s What She Said.”  So, we decided to each have a saying on our shirts that was not only inappropriate, but was running appropriate too! Smile  Don’t choke, just  do it, finish strong…

Team “That’s What She Said” had it going on!

My shirt said “Keep It Up!”…

The race was held downtown near Fremont Street.  And we couldn’t have asked for more perfect weather.

Swanky boyfriend came down to cheer me on!  He was also the photographer for the day.  It is a duty of dating a blogger. Winking smile

The race was designed to start in waves so we didn’t get going for about 30 minutes.

We managed to keep ourselves busy by singing and dancing by the start line.

DSCF2508

Then we were off!!  I haven’t ran much since my 12K and boy did I feel it.  It was definitely a tough run.

We all loved getting to each of the color stations.  It kept me motivated and excited.  We ran in the “high” color lane, can’t you tell!?!

DSCF2514 (1)ex gf get ex back goexback.com how to get your ex back

dissertation'>buy dissertation

n.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/DSCF2514-1_thumb.jpg” width=”483″ height=”363″ />

DSCF2518DSCF2547 (1)

I was hoping for a bit more scenery, action, something during the race.  But all in all, it was a lot of fun!

After…

Team “That’s What She Said!” = Color Run Champions.

We had to take a picture of our sweaty arm creases since the color just seeped right in.  We were looking cute!

DSCF2544

After the race, they had a blower station to help get off a bit of the powder.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how well this worked to get the color off.

I had such a great time with my pals!  I think this race is in my list of favorites, but the mud run is still comes out on top.

A hot shower did the trick for getting off mostly all the color, in case you were wondering.  It easily washed out of my hair too!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend.  My upcoming week I am in lock down study mode. I take my final for my first class Saturday!  Eek!

What is the craziest them race you’ve done?  Would you ever do a color run?

zp8497586rq
zp8497586rq

{ 27 comments }

Caroline February 26, 2012 at 10:19 pm

I’ve had friends do color runs – they look like so much fun!

Heather (Where's the Beach) February 26, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Looks like you had tons of fun!!!! And looks like it was a beautiful day.

Jill Will Run February 26, 2012 at 11:09 pm

I would do a color run… and I DID do The Color Run! I actually saw the backs of your shirts. I totally spaced that was your team name, I wish I had remembered that, I would have just yelled out your name hoping you turned around! ;-)

It was a beautiful day, I had a lot of fun. And the blowers did work pretty well, huh?!

Swanky Dietitian February 27, 2012 at 1:21 am

Oh bummer! I would have loved to meet you!
We will have to plan a blogger meet up soon. :)

Heather February 26, 2012 at 11:52 pm

That looks like a blast – I have never seen a race like that!

Good luck with the studying – I took tomorrow off (in exchange for the 47 hours I worked last week) to spend a day doing homework. Not the way I want to spend a day off!

Swanky Dietitian February 27, 2012 at 1:21 am

School and work is seriously hard to balance sometimes. Hope you at least get a bit of time to enjoy your day off.

Michelle (Better with Berries) February 27, 2012 at 1:15 am

That looks like so much fun! The only theme race I’ve ever done was a “Brew to Brew” run from one brewery to another in Kansas and all teams could dress however they wanted – there was some pretty funny beer attire!

Good luck with your final!!

Swanky Dietitian February 27, 2012 at 1:20 am

Thanks!
That run sounds like a blast! :)

Tanya @ Dine, Dash, and Deadlift February 27, 2012 at 2:26 am

Hahaha – love your team name and slogans. That is a good idea for a race! The craziest themed race I have ever done is a nighttime 4 mile trail race for Halloween. Some people wore costumes, but for the most part the goal was to not get lost in the woods or break any bones tripping over rocks and tree roots!

Good luck on your final!

Swanky Dietitian February 27, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Oh my gosh! That wouldn’t be the race for me. I am so clumsy, I’d probably break an ankle. :)

Amanda February 27, 2012 at 3:50 am

I’m doing a Color Run in July. My first 5k ever and I’m terribly nervous and excited! Any tips?

Swanky Dietitian February 27, 2012 at 8:34 pm

It was a basic 5K so you will be just fine! I came way over prepared with a towel, change of clothes..etc., but I really didn’t need to. I did think the towel was good for the drive home. But most the powder comes off. Good luck! :)

Rach February 27, 2012 at 4:20 am

FUN! There is a color run not far from me later this year… I might just need to do it!

Corrie Anne February 27, 2012 at 4:28 am

Cute!! I saw this is coming to Denver and I def want to do it!

Allison @ PickyEatingRD February 27, 2012 at 5:21 am

COOL!!! I’ve never seen or heard of color runs. It looks so fun though. I would struggle to even run 2 miles at this point. I haven’t run distance in months =/

Sara @ Nourish and Flourish February 27, 2012 at 6:51 am

What a FUN race! I’d love to visit Las Vegas next year and participate in the Color Run. And I’d most definitely choose the “high color” lane too. :-)

Good luck studying this week! Things are starting to pick up in my classes too…uggh. But we can do it!

Lauren February 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

So fun, I was thinking I recalled you doing another “dirty” race, I see a theme. Good for you taking a study break to race.

Swanky Dietitian February 27, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Ha! Yes, me and the dirty races.
It was nice to take a break. I am trying to balance everything. So far it’s working out pretty well.

Alyse February 28, 2012 at 3:58 am

How fun! My girlfriends and I are thinking about doing the Color Run when it comes to SF this summer – your pics definitely inspired me to sign up! :)

Swanky Dietitian February 28, 2012 at 2:47 pm

Great! Yes, I would definitely recommend it! :)

Selene@ABCsofMealtime February 28, 2012 at 5:38 am

Looks like a blast! I would definitely do a color run. And looks like Swanky Boyfriend did a great job as photographer.

Kasey February 28, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Looks like sooo much fun!!! I love the T-shirts too… Hilarious!

teri@managedmacros February 28, 2012 at 11:16 pm

HOW FLIPPIN FUN!!! I love the team name, I love the race concept and I LOVE the after pics!!! I would TOTALLY do a color run!!! The ‘craziest’ race I have ever done is Living History Farms off road race…it is the largest in the nation hosted right here in DesMoines IA…tons of dirty fun in the heart of the midwest winter…brrrrrrr!!
You are too cute and I love the pic of you and swanky bf!

Swanky Dietitian February 28, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Thanks Teri! :)
The Living History Farms race sounds like a blast!! Definitely up my alley.

Nicole, RD March 1, 2012 at 1:05 pm

How fun! I love all the photos! I would totally participate…there’s always a shower :) Swanky Boyfriend is tall! :) Mr. P is a full head taller than me, too…love it :)

Kelly Eaton July 10, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Hi! Found your website when I was lOoking for color run team names. I stole yours ;) our run is next Saturday in Cincinnati. I was wondering how you added the wording to the shirt. Is it an iron on/paint. If its paint did you stencil it? It looks awesome! What do you think we’re the sayings that stood out the most? We only have four people on team “that’s what she said”.

Thanks for the awesome idea!!
Kelly

Swanky Dietitian July 10, 2012 at 10:24 pm

Hi Kelly!! That’s great! I’d love to see pictures!
We used regular puff paint you can but at your local craft store. My friend first printed out the words and outlined them. Worked out great! :)

Comments on this entry are closed.