Rumor Has It

August 28, 2011

Hello!  I’m alive!  Open-mouthed smile Feeling pretty good seeing as that I was out until almost 4 am last night.  My friend Kristen’s bachelorette was so much fun!

We started the evening by meeting at our hotel for the night, Rumor.  It has a very modern and, dare I say, swanky décor inside.

We loved the look of our suite!

We didn’t waste any time getting settled into our room…we put our all our beverages.  We clearly have our priorities straight. Winking smile

I brought along a bottle of skinny girl margarita, but wasn’t all the impressed.  I ended up drinking a variety of things throughout the night.  Big no no!

Bachelorette Rule #1 :  Get the bride decked out in bridal wear.  Kristen didn’t want to wear the veil I got, but she did put on her bride-to -be sash.

Once we were ready, we headed off to our Stripper 101 class at Planet Hollywood.

We checked in and redeemed our free drink coupons.  I got a margarita!  It gave me just the bit of liquid courage I needed.

We learned how to give a lap dance and also a few moves on the pole.  The instructor was amazing and had been exotic dancing for 10 years.    Kristen and I already have looked up more classes to attend since we loved it so much!!  Don’t worry, I don’t think there will be any career changes in my near future. Winking smile

IMG_8014IMG_8010

I chose COOKIE as my stripper name!  So many to choose from… XTASY..BOOTYLICIOUS… but COOKIE just seemed like a good fit!  For the rest of the night, we went by our “stripper” names.  Smile

Bachelorette Rule # 2:  Make sure there is plenty of food in your tummies.  My mom sweetly made us the most amazing pressed sandwich.

It had layers of goat cheese, salami, prosciutto, artichokes, provolone cheese, and basil to name a few.  It was the perfect bachelorette fuel.

We had some time to kill in the room before we went out dancing.  This is where the shenanigans began.

Bachelorette Rule # 3:  Drinking games are a must!  For the night, if anyone asked the time, you had to respond… It’s Hammer Time! or (of course) would have to take a drink.  There might have been some MC Hammer dance moves thrown in there once we really got to drinking.

My strawberry margarita jello shots were a hit, but they didn’t taste too strong for as much alcohol I used.

Shots, shots, shots!   The ladies loved them!

Once it was late enough, (in Vegas, you can’t go out clubbing til around 11) we walked across the street to the nightclub, Vanity, at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Gotta love girls night out!!

We danced and danced the night away!  My feet were killing me, but it was well worth it!

We curled up in bed and didn’t get up until after 10.  I don’t remember the last time I slept that late.  Needless to say, we didn’t feel too great and I have been a bit of a lump all day.  Thankful I have tomorrow off!  And for the record, I’m super sore from that class!  It really is as great a workout as they say!

Thanks for reading!

How was your weekend?  What would you want your stripper name to be?

{ 27 comments… read them below or add one }

Heather (Where's the Beach) August 29, 2011 at 12:31 am

hi cookie looks like you had a great time ;-)

Swanky Dietitian August 29, 2011 at 2:38 am

Haha, why thanks!!! I did! ;)

Amanda @FancyOatmeal August 29, 2011 at 1:04 am

Looks like a great time!!

Andrea@WellnessNotes August 29, 2011 at 2:22 am

What a fun party! And what a fun class! Glad you have tomorrow off! Have a great day!

Allison August 29, 2011 at 3:02 am

Where did you get that dress it is so cute!?! Looks like u ladies had a great time!!

Swanky Dietitian August 29, 2011 at 3:14 am

Thanks! :) I got it at American Eagle Outfitters of all places. I bought it around Christmas time so I’m not sure if they still have it.

Antonia August 29, 2011 at 4:04 am

Hey cookie! I’m glad you girls had fun…by the way YOU looked amazing in that dress but I’m bummed you didn’t put pictures of the cake you made..yum yum! LOL!

Swanky Dietitian August 29, 2011 at 2:46 pm

I know, I was going back and forth about posting it. Just didn’t want to upset anyone with the “shape” of my cake. Ha.
Thanks so much!!!

Lauren August 29, 2011 at 11:53 am

We did pole dancing for a friend’s bday, that’s no joke (very hard!). Sounds like a great time, no cake photos?

Swanky Dietitian August 29, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I wanted to post one but didn’t want to offend any readers just in case. But let me just say, it was a huge hit!!!

Beth @ 990 Square August 29, 2011 at 11:54 am

Looks like a fun night! One of my friends actually teaches classes at a pole fitness place (Expose Fitness) I’ve done them and they are fun.

Lisa @ Healthful Sense August 29, 2011 at 12:42 pm

What a cute hotel!! Love the swanky decor haha! Looks like you all had a great time. Great ideas for a bachelorette party =)

Tiff @ Love, Sweat, and Beers August 29, 2011 at 12:55 pm

That looks like so much fun! Stripper class = Brilliant. :) Tell your mom the sandwich looks fantastic too!

Laural @ Being Healthier August 29, 2011 at 1:09 pm

hahaha. looks like such a fabulous time, makes me wish I lived in Vegas and be friends with you ladies! I love the idea of a stripper 101 class for a bach. party – get some fitness worked in to balance all those yummy shots and pannini bites!

omg, stripper name, let’s see… Miss Tasty Xtasy

what do ya think? I like it.

Weekend was low key, lots of recipes, time with the new bf, pool, avoiding a hurricane, and my family came inland to escape the hurricane- so – it was Meet the Parents for the new bf.

I got 4 thumbs up from me mom & dad!

Swanky Dietitian August 29, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I love the stripper name!!! Ha.
Glad that you and your family are safe.

Cat @Breakfast to Bed August 29, 2011 at 3:29 pm

How was the penis cake?!??! You look like you had a great time.

Special K August 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Who went home with the hunky pig? Adorably sexy!

TheCookieBoss August 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm

The bachelorette parties you go to seem to just get better and better!

thehealthyapron August 29, 2011 at 6:00 pm

I have a bachelorette this weekend I’m this just pumped me up for it! So excited! looks like you had a blast! Although Cleveland is no Vegas, I’m sure we’ll have a blast: dinner, maritini making session, and then of course…dancing! Can’t wait!

Swanky Dietitian August 29, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Can’t wait to hear about it! It sounds like it will be a blast!

Nicole, RD August 30, 2011 at 12:48 am

Hey Cookie! LOL! I love it! You girls looked to have a blast! I love the strawberry jello shots – SO clever!! I’ve wanted to take a stripper/pole dancing class – I bet it’s a great upper body workout!

eatingRD August 30, 2011 at 12:59 am

Had an absolute blast!! I was so sore from that class too, but I kinda want to take another one to be honest! ;) Thanks girlie!!

Lexie August 30, 2011 at 4:17 am

How fun!

Love how you incorporate food and dietetics into the night with your ‘baked goods’ and strawberry shots!!

Swanky Dietitian August 30, 2011 at 3:38 pm

Ha, the dietitian in me is always thinking about food. :)

melindard August 30, 2011 at 8:52 am

I actually think I picked Trixie or something oddly similar. I did Stripper 101 with my step sister one year. Sounds like you gals had an awesome bachlorette weekend.

Swanky Dietitian August 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I like Trixie!! Wasn’t it such a blast!?!

Tanya @ Dine, Dash & Deadlift August 31, 2011 at 3:12 am

Sounds like such a fun time! I had plans to do the Stripper 101 class for a friend’s bachelorette party this summer – but life got in the way and we had to cancel the Vegas party we had originally planned! I don’t know that I would have the courage to do it, but perhaps with the proper liquid (or should I say liquor?) motivation I may be able to get in to it! And as far as a Stripper name for the class…I think I would go with Roxie.