Ahh…summer. Time to grab your sunglasses and soak up the sun (after you’ve applied sunscreen of course ). Here in Las Vegas where the temps reach over 100 degrees, I spend a lot of time doing the pool thing.
What goes perfect with sun and pool…a summer beverage. Here friends is this month’s Recipe ReDux challenge. I couldn’t wait to get started on this challenge since I’m that gal who loves calorie laden drinks such as pina coladas, daiquiris, and margaritas. Delicious they are, but low calorie they are not.
So here is my slimified version. The best way to start off any summer beverage is fruit. I had to include three of my favorites…strawberries, pineapple, and watermelon.
Goes into the blender…1…
Blend up those fresh summer fruits until smooth.
Fill your glass to the brim with ice. Gotta have it ice cold! Then layer the blended fruit with club soda.
Club soda adds a certain something to this drink.
Cold, refreshing, healthy…check, check, and check!
I played bartender to my sister and friends and they gave this fruity drink a thumbs up!
If you want to spike it, a shot of your favorite liquor would make it a perfect addition. I’d gladly take this healthified version over a daiquiri or margarita anytime!
Here is the list of other Recipe ReDuxers and their fabulous summer beverages:
- Gretchen, kumquat Ginger Ale
- Dr. Barb, Nutrition Budgeteer Triple Cherry Chiller
- Carlene Helble, Carlene’s Figments Mint Berry Seltzer
- Kara Lydon, Peace, Love, and Food Blueberry Basil Lemonade Fizz
- Deanna Segrave-Daly, Teaspoon of Spice Cantaloupe Basil Aqua Fresca Fizz
- Jessica Fishman Levinson, Nutritioulicious Blueberry Basil Cooler
- Marie Spano, Performance Nutrition Post-Workout Power Smoothie
- Elizabeth Jarrard, Don’t White Sugar-Coat It Southern Blackberry Smash
- Emily Greenfield, The Nutriscientist Apple, pear and strawberry smoothie with Chia
- Regan Jones – The Professional Palate Berry-Lime Bubbly
- Kat Lynch – Eating the Week Sparkling melon fizz – nice & naughty
- Lisa @ Healthful Sense Berry Refreshing Chia Seed Smoothie
- EA Stewart-The Spicy RD Gingery Peach Float
- Alysa Bajenaru – Inspired RD Blackberry Banana Swirl
- Ann Dunaway Teh, Eat to Nourish, Energize & Flourish Pregnancy Mocktails
- Yuri – Chef Pandita Green Tea Ginger Limeade with Chia Seeds
- Karman Meyer-Nutrition Adventures Orange-Mint Iced Green Tea
- Cherie Schetselaar-Grain Crazy Mango Strawberry Smoothie
- Emma Stirling – The Scoop on Nutrition Recipe Redux Tangelo-ade
- Carrie Miller, Nutrition Know How, 12 Smoothie Recipes to Beat the Heat
For more about Recipe ReDux, check out my page above.
What is your favorite summer beverage?