Well hello there! How is your week treating you?
No complaints on my end. It’s going by pretty fast. Is anyone else as excited about William and Kate’s wedding? Ok, that’s probably just me. I’m such a nerd and stayed up super late last night watching shows about them.
You know, Kate and I are pretty close.
My dinner tonight was from a recipe that Nicole made last week. I have been looking forward to making it ever since. Well folks, tonight was the night.
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tomato, halved and thinly sliced
8 turkey pepperoni slices, halvedgreen pepper slices
- Italian seasoning, to taste
Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside. (I just set them on tin foil)
With a spoon, scoop out gills of the mushroom and cut the stems down as small as possible. Set the mushrooms, cap side down on the prepared baking dish.
Divide the pizza sauce evenly among the three mushroom caps.
Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly among the mushrooms.
pepperoni peppers and tomato and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and mushroom is soft.
This dinner was perfect! And who doesn’t like mini “pizzas.” Anything miniature is so darn cute! Thanks Nicole!!
I went with peppers but really any of your favorite pizza toppers will work.
An another note, I wanted to give a big thanks to Sonia at Master of Her Romaine for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award.
slots 0px; display: inline; border-top: 0px; border-right: 0px; padding-top: 0px” title=”versatilebloggeraward” border=”0″ alt=”versatilebloggeraward” src=”http://swankydietitian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/versatilebloggeraward_thumb.png” width=”307″ height=”307″ />
Here are the rules!
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
- Tell 7 random facts about yourself.
- Pass the award on to other versatile bloggers.
- Let the giver of the award know if you”ve accepted the award or not.
So here goes nothing…
1) I was born and raised in Las Vegas. People are always amazed by this fact.
2) My friends like to refer to me as the Crazy Cat Lady, although I don’t consider myself one.
3) I am a messy eater. Pretty much every day I manage to spill something on myself.
4) My mom got my name off a roll of wrapping paper.
5) I like ripe bananas… you know when they’re all brown and ready to get thrown out. Yeah, pass them on to me.
6) The first concert I went to was New Kids on the Block. I actually fell asleep during the concert. I’m pretty sure I was in first grade if that helps my case.
7) I once threw up in my lap while driving home from babysitting. Not one of my finest moments, but random (and embarrassing) none the less. Figured no visual was needed for this one.
So now to pass this on to a few other bloggers…
Laurel from Being Healthier
Nicole from Prevention RD
Jen from What’s On Jen’s Plate
Chrysta from Cuisineats
Erica from Fashion Meets Food
Thanks so much for reading! What is a recipe you recently found from a blog you read? I’d love to hear a random fact about you! Do share!