Sister Time

April 10, 2011

Hi!  I had a pretty low key weekend and I must say, it was fabulous!  Sometimes you just need a weekend to relax.  I have the house decorating bug again.  I finished hanging up frames and such for my wall collage.

What do you think?

All the frames aren’t filled, but I am hoping I can get some good shots on my cruise.

I included one of my friend and I from around first grade (I’m thinking).  I am on the right.

Also, a badge from a 10 k I did a while back.

It has been fun to start putting things together.  I plan on adding more frames, but it’s a good start for now.

I initially said I wanted to add pops of red to my living room.  Well, I am thinking I might do a bit of yellow as well .   I found this mood board on Young House Love that led me to the idea.

2011-04-10_1634

What are some of your favorite stores for getting good deals on home decorations?

Saturday night, I had some great sister time with Swanky Sister.  We decided on dinner and a movie.  We threw around a few ideas but ultimately decided on pizza.

After looking in my fridge, I realized I had most the ingredients to make Iowa Girl Eats Thai Tofu Pizza.  I’ve loved every one of her recipes I’ve made, so I figured this would be a great choice.

We did leave a couple ingredients out, going the lazy girls route, including using a store bought peanut sauce I already had in the fridge.

Thai Tofu Pizza

Sautéed up some some extra firm tofu, marinated in peanut sauce, until brown.

Cover pizza crust with peanut sauce

top with cooked tofu

chopped broccoli

and mozzarella cheese.

Follow directions on packaging for baking pizza.  Once cooked, top with mango and peanuts.

This pizza turned out amazing!

I loved the idea of adding tofu to the pizza.  I am thinking of making a similar pizza with bbq sauce and tofu.  The wheels are turning for sure!!

After cooking dinner, we watched Tangled.  It was adorable!

2011-04-10_1605

It reminded me of how much I love animated Disney movies.  I just loved Little Mermaid and Aladdin growing up.  I wanted to be Ariel soo badly.  Open-mouthed smile

That is about all over here folks!  I got a few magazines in the mail that I can’t wait to start flipping through.

Hope you had a great weekend!  What is your favorite Disney movie?

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

Regan April 10, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Is it bad that I can’t confess a favorite Disney “movie” for fear of overshadowing my love for Phineas & Ferb? I have a 4 yo who has introduced me to P & F… and I LUV it! Witty & funny. Love it!

(The Jungle Book was my fave as a child, though… probably showing my age)

Heather (Where's the Beach) April 11, 2011 at 12:04 am

Love that you used your bib like that – really looks good. Sadly, I chunked all of mine recently. Now I’m kicking myself. I made a Thai inspired tofu pizza last summer that was soooo good. Sounds weird but it really is great. Glad you had some great sister time. I’m looking forward to some of that this coming weekend.

Jen @ What's on Jen's Plate? April 11, 2011 at 12:04 am

I had a low-key weekend and had a make-your-own-pizza night too! How funny! And your pizza looks awesome. I will definitely have to try it out. I never thought about putting tofu on my pizza. Great idea! And I love your picture frame wall!

Roz April 11, 2011 at 12:06 am

Oh fun, looks like such a great time. I love how you call your sister “Swanky Sister”! :) My favorite animated movie? Has to be the Lion King for me. Have a swanky rest of the weekend!

Jess (Sweet Potato) April 11, 2011 at 12:51 am

Adding peanut sauce to pizza?! What an interesting idea!

I love Homegoods for finding decorations :)

Andrea April 11, 2011 at 2:07 am

the little mermaid

Kocinera April 11, 2011 at 5:40 am

Aren’t Disney movies the coolest?! Over the past few years, it seems like their stuff has gotten better than ever. I’ve heard such great things about Tangled–can’t wait to see it! Oh, and that pizza looks yum-eee. :D

S @ extremebalance.net/blog April 11, 2011 at 5:51 am

Have you received the key to a city?!? How prestigious! ;)

I dream of having the time and space to decorate properly—and I think if I did, I’d pick a theme and a colour and then make it work… with whatever stores I could afford! I like minimalism, but you need kick-ass storage to make that work, and that’s not cheap. Ah, the dreams! :)

Lauren April 11, 2011 at 10:21 am

Be careful with the red and yellow (appetite stimulating!). Pizza does look great. Love the wall collage.

Swanky Dietitian April 11, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Oh my gosh…you are right! I didn’t even think about it. After thinking more (and realizing I don’t want my living room to look like McDonald’s), I might just do very subtle pops of those two colors and stick with mainly gray and whites.

Simply Life April 11, 2011 at 11:12 am

oh I love that mood board idea -I’m definitely saving that for some inspiration!

Sonia @ Master of Her Romaine April 11, 2011 at 1:50 pm

Your kiddie picture is so cute!
The frames look great :)
And I have been eying that Thai pizza recipe as well…can’t wait to try it out.
I was never really into Disney movies for some reason- but I always loved The Emperor’s New Groove and Prince of Egypt!

Nicole, RD April 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I love the collage! I need to get more creative with decorating! But I love the red and yellow together…so cute!

The pizza looks amazing! I think I’ll be trying that one!

Kristin @ Iowa Girl Eats April 11, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Ahhh – sounds like a great weekend! Glad you liked the pizza too! I’ve been wanting to rent Tangled – just need to convince my husband… ;) Have a great week!

Swanky Dietitian April 11, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I never seem to go wrong with your recipes. Thanks! :)

Allison April 12, 2011 at 2:22 am

Tangled is so flippin cute! My fav Disney movie is The Little Mermaid. Not sure why but when I was like 7 i loved Ariel bc her name started with an ‘A’ just like mine. Ohhhh to be so young again….

Kayee April 12, 2011 at 5:54 am

I love the picture of you and Katie. :)

erica@fashionmeetsfood April 12, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Loving the collage! I seriously feel like I cannot decorate how I want because I live in an apartment. I hate that. I so want to see tangled! Maybe i`ll go get it from Red Box tonight. Your pizza looks absolutely delish!

xo

EA-The Spicy RD April 12, 2011 at 1:26 pm

That pizza looks delicious! I have a “soft spot” for The Little Mermaid since my (now) husband took my to see it on our second date :-)

Swanky Dietitian April 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm

That is soo cute! :)

melindard April 12, 2011 at 4:40 pm

That pizza looks awesome. I might need to give that recipe a try.

I need to hang more stuff on the walls, and I want to when we get to Japan, but seeing as they keep having earthquakes, I might hold off on that, LOL! Mostly it’s just wedding and honeymoon pictures. Where are you headed on a cruise?

Swanky Dietitian April 12, 2011 at 4:51 pm

We are going to Ensenada and Catalina. I have never been so I can’t wait!

chrysta April 12, 2011 at 7:55 pm

great looking pizza! I used to love the little mermaid when I was little. I actually like all Disney movies. They are fantastic!

Amanda April 13, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Let me first answer your question about the Disney movies – my first memory of going to the movie theater was to see the Little Mermaid. I loved Ariel and to this day, I have the soundtrack on my iPod and listen to it quite frequently.

I loved the color palette that you’ve chosen for your living room. I think that your collage has gotten off to a great start.

The Thai Tofu Pizza has found it’s way onto my menu plan for this summer as I’m not in a location that allows for access to tofu at this particular time.

Swanky Dietitian April 13, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Thanks for stopping by!

I would have to agree with you on the Little Mermaid. I am pretty sure I knew every word and would listen to the soundtrack all the time!