Food For Thought

July 27, 2010

Good morning!  For some reason this morning, I am moving at a snail’s pace.  I’ve been keeping my eye on the clock but still am not picking it up.

Workout

I was up bright and early for spin.  There was a sub this morning.  I was super bummed at first but I ended up really enjoying the class.  I liked her music (which is a big plus) and she had us in the seat most of the class which was a good challenge.

I ran into Kristen at spin this morning as well as my sister.  Love my gym buddies.

Breakfast

Since I (usually) have more time on Tuesdays, I sat outside and enjoyed my breakfast (see..snails pace).  I feel like during the week, I am always rushing so it is nice to just sit and enjoy a meal.

I whipped up 2 eggs with toast and butter.  On the side I had the last of my strawberries and half a banana sliced up.

Very filling breakfast if I do say so myself.

Lunch

I wasn’t sure really what I was going to pack for lunch when I was getting it ready last night.  I brought kind of a hodge podge of things.

Starting with a pb and banana on a whole wheat sandwich thin.  Have to get in my peanut butter fix for the day. :)

Next up, I packed lots of yummy veggies with some guacamole for dipping.

I saw these 100 calories guacamole packets, called Wholly Guacamole and thought I would give them a try.  The ingredient list is short as well, which is always a good thing.

Snacks

For snacks, I packed some grapes as well as a cinnamon roll Larabar.

I don’t think I have tried this flavor before.  I'm looking forward to it.

If all this food doesn’t hold me over, then I don’t know what will.  My coworker and I were talking yesterday about how we eat so much more at work.  Granted we work ten hour days but still.  When I am off, I think since I am busy running around, food isn’t always the first thing on my mind.  I think talking to patients about food all day doesn’t help either.  Gotta get going.  I think I see a coffee in my future as well!

Do you notice you eat more on certain days than others?

zp8497586rq

{ 7 comments }

The Rabbit Runner July 27, 2010 at 5:45 pm

early morning spin seems like a fun way to start the day!
oh girl you know me and my pb/banana sammie combo obsession!! I have had one everyday this week and can’t complain!

have a great day at work (so jealous of your job obviously!! hahha)

Gabriela @ Fro-Yo Lover July 27, 2010 at 10:12 pm

YUUM – having a daily PB-fix is extremely necessary!
:D

Angie July 27, 2010 at 10:52 pm

What did you think of the guac packet? I saw those at the grocery store but wasn’t convinced yet….

I definitely eat more some days than others….I think it may be a combination of just natural ebbs and flows in hunger, fatigue/energy level, activity for the day…+ hormones. :)

Hope you are having a great week!

Swanky Dietitian July 28, 2010 at 2:09 am

They are pretty good. A bit saltier than if I were to make guacamole myself. I’m not sure if I would buy them again if that answers your question. Homemade guac just can’t be beat!!

Jen Trussell July 27, 2010 at 10:56 pm

I love early morning spin! I need to start going more often! As for eating more, normally on days that I fly. I fly for the military and some days the flight times can be anywhere from two to 18 hours. I find that I get bored, which causes me to start munching. I have learned to take healthy snacks and lots of water with me when I fly.

Andrea@WellnessNotes July 28, 2010 at 2:29 am

The guacamole packs sound convenient to take along. Interesting that they are bit salty though…

And yes, I definitely eat a lot more some days than others. I have tried to figure out why in the past but haven’t been able to figure it out yet (work, exercise, etc. aren’t reliable predictors…).

Erica @ Fashion meets Food July 28, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I wish we had early morning spin classes here. I have yet to try guacamole it kind of freaks me out. I will have to buy these packs to give it a try!

xo

Comments on this entry are closed.